The new Corvette was so powerful that its body is deformed.March 13, 2019
According to insiders, the premiere of the new Chevrolet Corvette is postponed again, but this time due to problems with the deformation of the body. The top version of the mid-engine sports car turned out so powerful that at high loads the glass cover of the engine compartment bursts.
The most extreme modification of the new generation Corvette will be equipped with a V8 with two turbochargers. Predicted return of the power plant – 900-1000 horsepower. Such engines are installed on prototypes, and they turned out to be too powerful to cause the structural deformation of the aluminum spatial frame. Insiders talk about the “frightening” car dynamics and that GM consults with lawyers about the possible risks of bringing such a version to the market.
In December last year, it was reported that the electric system of the new Corvette does not cope with the load, and the only solution is its complete rework. It may take about six months.
According to rumors, the mid-engine Corvette will be named Manta Ray, a complex of active aerodynamics with movable skirts, a spoiler and flaps in air ducts, as well as a suspension system with an elevator system capable of changing the center of aerodynamic pressure.
- Rivian confirms R1T truck and R1S SUV launch in Australia
- The British car market in April could not reach the “plus”
- Blogger spoke in detail about the Mercedes-AMG G63 from the studio Mansory
- The first images of the new BMW X6 crossover appeared
- Tata Buzzard seven-seater crossover was photographed during a test drive