Volkswagen Group is preparing to sell its brandsMarch 15, 2019
During the annual press conference in Wolfsburg, the Volkswagen Group announced the upcoming restructuring plan for the corporation, but the first details will be revealed at the end of 2019.
According to Herbert Diss, general director of the Volkswagen Group, the manufacturer will strive to optimize its operations and increase profitability, which means that some brands owned by the corporation may be put up for sale over the next few years.
However, the future is safe for brands like Porsche and Skoda, which are the two most profitable brands of Volkswagen. In this case, both companies fully rely on the platform VW Group, and simply can not develop cars without the participation of the parent company.
According to Diss, many people often underestimate how much Porsche depends on the group, because about 80% of the cars of the German premium brand are entirely built on Audi platforms. The same goes for Skoda.
If we take the company’s reports for 2017 and 2018, some non-core enterprises of the Volkswagen Group, including the Scania, MAN and Ducati, are among the first to be offered to other automakers at risk.
- Audi Q5 crossover will get a hybrid engine
- Motorists from Europe can pre-order an electric Honda hatchback e
- This is a must see! Video tour of the AMG engine factory!
- Toyota introduced the luxury minivan Granvia
- Ford is preparing a new electric crossover as opposed to the future Tesla Model Y