The best car in the United States chose Korean sedanJanuary 14, 2019
Named the winners of the contest “North American passenger car and SUV of the year”
The winners of the competition “North American passenger car and SUV of the year” have become known. The jury voting results were announced at the Detroit Auto Show.
First place among the cars was occupied by the Genesis G70 sedan, a model of the premium brand of Hyundai. Honda Insight and Volvo S60 / V60 fought for him in this category.
Victory in the category of all-terrain vehicles won a crossover Hyundai Kona, which won the Acura RDX and Jaguar I-Pace. The last of them was also previously recognized as the best car by professional chauffeurs.
The United States recognized the Ram 1500 as the best pick-up truck. In addition to it, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 were presented in this category.
The winners were chosen by a jury consisting of 54 automotive journalists. Three finalists were determined from 14 cars and 12 coupers and pickups.
Last year, the Honda Accord, Volvo XC60 and Lincoln Navigator were recognized as the best cars in the United States, and before that the Chevrolet Bolt, Honda Ridgeline and Chrysler Pacifica.
- Aston Martin spoke about the special series Project 003
- Honda selects production site for Civic
- Mercedes-Benz will bring SLC Final Edition to Geneva
- Elon Mask promised a fully autonomous system by the end of this year.
- Autonomous Waymo car was able to drive through the intersection with the traffic controller