Smart presented the latest series of cars with ICEMay 14, 2019
From next year, the company will produce only electric cars.
The Smart brand, which Daimler and Geely now owns in half, will completely switch to the production of cars with electric power plants next year. In honor of this event, the company presented a farewell series of cars with internal combustion engines, created in conjunction with Brabus and industrial designer Konstantin Grcic.
Limited edition #21 received collectible status and will be represented by 21 cars. The number in the title symbolizes not only the total circulation: it is also 21 years since the release of the first car, as well as the same time period, but in the future. Industrial designer Konstantin Grcic worked on the design of city artists.
For Smart #21, we chose a color scheme that refers to first-generation machines. The yellow tint is based on the original Hello Yellow, and the graphics are based on the idea of the Swiss artist Roman Zigner, who chased Smart through the tunnel and doused the car with paint.
Production of all cars of the series will be completed in August of this year. How much they will cost is not reported.
- Skoda announced the premiere of the first serial electric vehicle
- Journalists caught the updated crossover Cadillac XT5
- New Skoda Octavia “lit up” in the photo almost without camouflage
- Nicholas Latifi will work out the first training session in Canada
- Hennessey began developing chassis for the new Venom F5