Monday, July 23Wellcome!

Nissan and Daimler have come to a standstill with the development of a joint compact model

Representatives of Nissan have so far refused to give any comments on the joint work with Mercedes. However, the network leaked some rumors about the upcoming work on a new luxury car of Japanese-German production.

It’s no secret that Nissan works with Daimler in the development of luxury cars. Example: Mercedes X-Class, a luxury pickup based on the off-road Navara platform. In addition, Renault-Nissan Alliance introduced a new 1.3-liter turbocharged engine, created in close cooperation with Daimler.

However, it seems that the joint development of luxury cars between Nissan and Daimler ceases due to a change in demand in the market. This is stated in the article Automotive News referring to the Japanese company Nikkan Kogyo.

The report says that there was a sharp shift in the market, which led to a sharp jump in the popularity of crossovers and light trucks (pick-ups), leading to a decline in demand for passenger cars. They say that Nissan is concerned about the complications. The luxury compact car is rumored to be built at the plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico, which is a joint venture between Daimler and the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. This plant has a capacity of 230,000 cars a year. And the luxury division of Nissan Infiniti began production of QX50 at this plant, using a platform developed jointly with Mercedes.

Automotive News said that the representative of Nissan Shiro Nagai refused to comment on this problem, saying that the brand does not discuss plans. However, he mentioned that Nissan is still loyal to the partnership with Daimler.

“The cooperation between Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance and Daimler is very close, and we continue to benefit from our successful cooperation, which includes a number of research and production initiatives around the world,” – said Infiniti spokesman Trevor Hale.

Meanwhile, the chief executive of the largest alliance Renault-Nissan Carlos Gos officially announced the impossibility of the merger of the French and Japanese concern. And he completely refuted the previously spread information on the network.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.