Next Honda Civic Type R can be a hybrid.March 12, 2019
At the Geneva Motor Show, Honda announced plans for electrification. So, by 2025, all European models will be electrified. Among the first models named new CR-V Hybrid. The next generation Honda Civic Type R will also be a hybrid.
The current version will be released until 2021, until Honda closes the plant in Swindon (United Kingdom). After that, the next generation Civic assembly will be transferred to the United States. The Honda Civic Type R is expected to appear in 2022.
Details about the new model are not yet known. According to rumors, the Type R version will use a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine mounted on the front axle. A pair of electric motors may appear on the rear axle. As a result, the nda Civic Type R may be the first in its history to become all-wheel drive.
Currently, the Civic Type R is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 306 hp. It is expected that with the help of electric motors its power will exceed 400 hp.
- Journalists captured the prototypes of the updated Porsche 718 Cayman and 718 Cayman GT4
- Honda introduced the Onsen electric car with a bath
- For the 40th anniversary of the model Alto Suzuki concern has released a special version of the car
- Hybrid Jeep Renegad will be presented at the end of the month
- Spy photos KTM 1290 Super Duke R