Jaguar chief designer criticized touchscreen fashion in carsMay 8, 2019
Renowned car designer Ian Callum, who authored models such as the Ford RS200, Aston Martin DB7 and the original Aston Martin Vanquish, and is now in charge of the Jaguar look, has criticized the touchscreens in modern cars.
“If I can influence this, then I will not consider the possibility of installing large touchscreens in the cars I work on,” said the designer at the presentation of the updated Jaguar XE sedan.
“If you are traveling at speeds of over 100 km / h, which is permitted by the rules of some countries, then you hardly want to flip through the screens of this iPad, trying to find the settings of mirrors or seats,” Callum told Automotive News Europe. without distracting from the road for more than a millisecond. “
It is noteworthy that in the new Jaguar XE there are two touch screens, but the top one displays information about the car and the trip, while the bottom one controls the climate control and secondary functions. At the same time saved and physical controls.
- Honda introduced the Onsen electric car with a bath
- For the 40th anniversary of the model Alto Suzuki concern has released a special version of the car
- Hybrid Jeep Renegad will be presented at the end of the month
- Spy photos KTM 1290 Super Duke R
- Aston Martin challenges Toyota