In the FIA are looking for a replacement for Charlie WhitingMarch 15, 2019
The sudden death of FIA racing director Charlie Whiting shocked everyone. This weekend his duties are performed by Michael Masi. At a press conference in Melbourne, FIA President Jean Todt said that the federation is looking for a replacement for Whiting …
Jean Todt “Charlie had a very important role in Formula 1 and in the FIA. His death was a real shock for us. In the morning, the doctor Shandegre called me to report that Charlie did not wake up.
We did not have a plan to change the structure, but now we are in an emergency. We have a solution for this weekend, I am sure it will work fine. In addition, we will work closely with the teams.
Our team in Geneva began the search for a replacement. Discussion of the future structure of the Department of Formula 1 began a long time ago, we understood that Charlie will not be able to hold this position forever. We worked and thought about the future. Unfortunately, now we have to apply this plan earlier than we wanted. ”
- Hyundai Styx presented on video
- Independent designers showed how Hyundai Santa Cruz pickup might look like
- BMW introduced a new version of the X1 crossover with a flow rate of 1.3 liters
- Formula E: the sixth stage was won by Jean-Eric
- New information about the new Chevrolet Corvette C8