Honda on the benefits of working with two teamsJanuary 5, 2019
In the new season, the Japanese company will supply power plants to two Formula One teams at once – Toro Rosso and Red Bull. Honda Technical Director spoke about the benefits of this tactic.
Tooecharu Tanabe says that both cars will have similar not only engines and transmissions, but also some details of the front suspension and rear components. “It gives us a big advantage. Machines, though different, but we don’t have to do different motors for them, as we don’t have to contact the teams separately. ”
He adds: “In theory, it turns out that we will have two more information. And it’s not just the data that we get from the track. The point is different approaches to work and the creation of machines. From the new team we will get even more data, it is profitable for us. “
It is known that in the “Honda” will increase the staff to work in Formula 1. “The staff on the highway will double,” says Masashi Yamamoto, the head of the autosport unit. “We also intend to create a new team of motorists to build racing engines.”
Earlier, former Formula 1 racer Fernando Alonso shared his expectations from the upcoming 24-Daytona marathon.
- Nissan will donate 100 thousand euros for the restoration of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris
- Robots dogs tow cargo van
- Electric cars Hyundai can be configured using a smartphone
- Land Rover Defender turned into a machine Hot Wheels
- Ford registers new Scout and Bronco Scout trade names in the USA