Honda HR-V did not receive top safety rating from IIHSMarch 12, 2019
The American safety regulator checked the latest version of the Honda HR-V. In general, she received good results. Earlier models were rated “acceptable” in the impact test with a slight overlap on the driver’s side. In the meantime, the company made structural changes to improve driver and passenger protection in overlap collision scenarios.
Honda HR-V did not receive the highest rating of “Top Safety Pick +” because of the headlights. In 2019, the model comes with optional LED headlights, as well as a system for preventing frontal collisions. These headlights were rated “acceptable” while the main halogen headlights were rated “bad” due to insufficient visibility.
The HR-V is the sixth Honda model, tested by the IIHS. Only Insight received the highest award Top Safety Pick Plus. HR-V required a rating of not lower than “good” in order to qualify for the same rating.
- Volkswagen Golf new generation will be longer than its predecessor
- Aston Martin believes that crossovers and SUVs will be bought mostly by women
- Porsche claims that future GT models will not be electrified
- Almost 100,000 Porsche cars hit the US
- GM can build a crossover based on the Corvette sports coupe