Ford GT and the new Corvette ZR1 compared in the race in a straight lineMarch 9, 2019
The 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is equipped with a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine that has a torque of 715 NM.
With these figures, we can safely assume that this car can beat any American car, because the performance is impressive.
On the eve of a channel DragTimes decided to compare the Ford GT and the new Corvette ZR1. Despite the great difference in power, the Corvette did not lose face and showed itself from a decent side.
In the first race, the Ford GT control system runs smoothly and the vehicle takes the lead. For comparison, the Corvette ZR1 experienced at the same time a serious slip and was left far behind.
Taking into account that the ZR1 has a V8 engine, the Ford GT uses a 3.5-liter Twin-Turbo V6, which the automaker installed in the middle of the car. The engine has a power of 647 “horses” and 745 Nm of torque. The engine is combined with a fast-switching dual-clutch gearbox.
The video proves that power is not everything when it comes to drag racing, as weight and torque are very important.
- Renault is preparing a restyled version of the Talisman 2020 model year
- Volkswagen Tarok concept shows the future of truck brand
- TOP-5 cars, abandoned in the first year
- Tuners from ABT presented the “charged” Skoda Octavia and Octavia RS
- Can a Wrangler SUV be made from a Jeep Renegade crossover?