Ferrari spoke about the “formulaic” aerodynamics of the new F8 TributoMarch 13, 2019
Ferrari told about the features of the aerodynamics of the new F8 Tributo supercar. Some of the solutions for the model, which has become the actual replacement for the 488 GTB, borrowed from motorsport, in particular, Formula 1.
So, in the front bumper of the Ferrari F8 Tributo there is an S-shaped air duct (S-Duct), which generates vertical downforce and directs the air flow to the rear of the supercar. The progenitor of modern S-Duct is considered the air duct on the formula car Ferrari F2008. The rear spoiler of the F8 Tributo is wider, it has a greater slope and, accordingly, downforce.
The bottom of the Ferrari F8 Tributo is completely flat. It is equipped with a new diffuser, which more effectively directs air to the brakes. Installed in the same vortex generators that increase downforce, migrated to a new supercar with 488 Spider. In addition, the F8 Tributo received a rear diffuser with active flaps, as well as a radiator system and rear air intakes, like the racing 488 Challenge. As a result of the improvements, the aerodynamic efficiency of the F8 Tributo compared with the 488 GTB improved by 10 percent.
- Journalists captured the prototypes of the updated Porsche 718 Cayman and 718 Cayman GT4
- Honda introduced the Onsen electric car with a bath
- For the 40th anniversary of the model Alto Suzuki concern has released a special version of the car
- Hybrid Jeep Renegad will be presented at the end of the month
- Spy photos KTM 1290 Super Duke R