700-hp supercar from BMW may appear in 2023January 2, 2019
Despite the reputation of the Bavarian concern with its large line of sports cars M Perfomance, there is no real supercar in its assets. But this may change by 2023.
In about five years, BMW can prepare a real supercar that will become the receiver of the current BMW i8. In all likelihood, the current hybrid will not receive the second generation, and the hybrid layout with a three-cylinder 1.5-liter engine will be buried in history. Instead, the company will take a powerful engine, probably a six-cylinder, which will become the basis for the future supercar.
Despite the fact that the i8 of the second generation will not appear, its carbon architecture has been recognized as successful and can be continued in the future flagship of M Perfomance, which will be one step higher than the upcoming M8 Coupe.
The hybrid system will continue, but its capacity will be about 700 horsepower. It’s too early to talk about the price tag, but experts are confident that it will be no less than $ 160,000. The release of the model will take place in a limited edition, and not earlier than 2023.
- MINI called the date of the premiere of the first electric car
- Pininfarina changed the design of a powerful Italian supercar
- Crossover Volkswagen T-Roc Convertible tests on the road
- Fresh reliability rating: Korean brands overtook all
- Mercedes has published prices for the updated GLS crossover in version 580