700-hp supercar from BMW may appear in 2023January 2, 2019
Despite the reputation of the Bavarian concern with its large line of sports cars M Perfomance, there is no real supercar in its assets. But this may change by 2023.
In about five years, BMW can prepare a real supercar that will become the receiver of the current BMW i8. In all likelihood, the current hybrid will not receive the second generation, and the hybrid layout with a three-cylinder 1.5-liter engine will be buried in history. Instead, the company will take a powerful engine, probably a six-cylinder, which will become the basis for the future supercar.
Despite the fact that the i8 of the second generation will not appear, its carbon architecture has been recognized as successful and can be continued in the future flagship of M Perfomance, which will be one step higher than the upcoming M8 Coupe.
The hybrid system will continue, but its capacity will be about 700 horsepower. It’s too early to talk about the price tag, but experts are confident that it will be no less than $ 160,000. The release of the model will take place in a limited edition, and not earlier than 2023.
- Renault is preparing a restyled version of the Talisman 2020 model year
- Volkswagen Tarok concept shows the future of truck brand
- TOP-5 cars, abandoned in the first year
- Tuners from ABT presented the “charged” Skoda Octavia and Octavia RS
- Can a Wrangler SUV be made from a Jeep Renegade crossover?